Growing in Grace: Soul Therapy        
 
           
         
     
     
       
     
     
       

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Soul Therapy

This was the topic at church today. By the way, we attend Church of the Highlands and it is awesome. If you don't have a church or if you aren't happy with the church you attend then you should definitely check it out. It puts me in a good mood just to walk through the doors on Sunday! Pastor Chris spoke on addiction today. Not about drugs or alcohol necessarily but about anything that you put all of your focus on whether it be Facebook, twitter, shopping, or food. It made me think how I've been addicted to food this past year. In my defense though, my stress level has been through the roof. I got married, lost my mom, and changed jobs all in 1 year. Apparently, I turned to food without even realizing it. Here I am 40 lbs heavier and miserable about it. Things have already begun to change though. I'm eating healthier and exercising. Sure it has only been one week but I am hopeful this time about the change. Peyton met his goal at work (yay!)and we are going to Mexico (all expenses paid!) with some of his coworkers in 79 days. I am more than determined to lose weight by then! I'm even logging my food into a diary that my friend has access to. How's that for accountability?! I know I have set a huge goal but I'm going to do my best to reach it. Have you set any new goals lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment